Spicy pumpkin and butternut squash soup
- 2 Large Pieces of Pumpkin
- 1/2 Butternut Squash
- 1 tabs Oil
- ½ tabs Butter
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic - crushed
- 1 small red chilli – finely chopped
- 425 ml approx. Stock, vegetable or chicken
- 2 tabs crème fraiche
- Heat the oven to 180 c/ Gas 6. Deseed the squash and pumpkin and leave in large pieces. Rub the flesh with some oil and place onto a baking tray. Roast for approximately 30 mins or until softened and golden brown.
- While the squash and pumpkin cooks, melt the butter with the remaining oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions, garlic and chilli. Cover and gently cook/sweat on a low heat for 15-20 mins until everything is completely soft.
- Once the squash and pumpkin are cooked, take them out of the oven and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, scoop the flesh from the roasted squash and pumpkin into the pan. Add the stock and crème fraiche.
- Using a stick blender with care blend/ whizz until silky smooth.
- Season and serve with finely chopped parsley sprinkled on top with a small spoon of crème fraiche.